Monday, November 2, 2009

insanity!

that would be a good word to describe the last week or so. we had a whirlwind 2 weeks of viewing rental properties (we decided it was time to make the move before too much goes down with our poor little Atlanta house). at the end of our 2nd week, we found a place we really liked that had lots of room and was in our price range. we decided on monday (last monday) that this was the house we were going with, and we were ready to move forward, we waited all week and then Friday got word that we could move in on Saturday. we spent Friday evening scurrying around (well, Dave did, i worked) trying to get boxes out of our storage unit (the unit had to be vacated by Saturday @ 5 to keep from paying the next month) and then get a rental truck set up. I worked Saturday morning, while Dave and his wonderful friends (thanks Chuck, Mike, Chris, Willie (our brother in law), & David & Debbie (Dave's parents)) loaded the storage unit contents into the truck, then took them to the house, and then took the furniture that wouldn't fit into our house (spare bedroom furniture, since we'll have a much smaller bed in there now) to my in-laws office to store in their basement space.

I went by the house Saturday and mainly just looked at how things were unpacked- it was so overwhelming, it IS so overwhelming. I think unpacking might be worse than packing- i just want it done NOW! Sunday we went back by the house- Dave put our bed together and I started unpacking a few things- mostly the kitchen. This is where we discovered that my dinner plates won't fit into our dishwasher- baffling. I also discovered that i will need a step stool to reach all our cabinets- very frustrating- but, it's probably not worth worrying about. Today, Dave took a personal day- we went to the Dr. then I went to physical therapy. After PT, we decided to go to Ikea and look at the sleeper sofa we had liked on their website. I keep hating Ikea more with each passing day- this sleeper sofa was tiny. Dave & I could just barely sit on there together. I guess if I had read the description a little more carefully, I would've discovered the sofa was less than 5' wide. We did find a couple rugs at Ikea, so I guess it's not all bad. We decided to look at an actual furniture store for either a sleeper sofa, or a sofa/love seat combination. I'm sorry to say, if you stay at our house, you're probably going to be sleeping on an air mattress. We got the living room cleared out a pretty good bit, dvds and books are unpacked and put on our bookshelves. Tonight I bought groceries while Dave attends traffic school (after 5+ months living with my in-laws, I can say that I have forgotten how to shop for groceries) and it looks like we might actually be sleeping in our new home tonight! I'm a little nervous because I'm moving out of where I've called "home" for the last 5 months, but I'm ready for it to be just Dave & I again, so we can enjoy these last 2 months before baby arrives!

Pictures to come! Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting my blog! your sweet words keep me going!