Monday, October 19, 2009

last 4 week appointment

Today was the last of my 4 week appointments, and boy was it a doozy. It was also my glucose screening, so I was kind of dreading that because of all the horror stories I had heard.

I was told to eat 1-2 hours before my appointment. My appointment was at 10, so I dragged myself out of bed around 8:45 and tried to see what I could make for breakfast that didn't have sugar in it. I had woken up around 6 to use the bathroom, and ever since then all i could think about were sweets. I wanted cereal, a banana, strawberries and a pumpkin spice latte for breakfast- it was all I could think about. I decided to go with the recommendation from the nurse at my last appointment-eggs. I scrambled 2 eggs with some cheese and pepper and poured myself some milk. When I was drinking the milk, I was shocked to find it had sugar listed in the nutritional facts. Hopefully I'm safe. I arrived at the office, and per usual had to pee in a cup. I had already gone twice that morning, but managed to go again. After that, I was given my Glucola. I got the fruit punch flavor, was told I had 5 minutes to finish it, so off I went. It actually wasn't as bad as I expected, and I finished it pretty easily. I had to stay in the office an hour to have my blood drawn, and I waited to see Dr. Uma as well.

We finally got back to see Dr. Uma. ::sidebar:: There, Dave & I had a spirited discussion about our house. Most of this stems from my inability to let this house go- which I don't know if I can do. Our house was up for rent from February-September, and has now been on the market for a few weeks. We have it listed for $80,000- a huge loss for us- today our agent emailed Dave & suggested we drop the price to $40,000. It just floors me that we are reduced to doing this. A of all- we own our house- we are not in forclosure (yet), B of all- our house is in immaculate condition. We need a quick solution for this, and for once in 2009, perhaps for the Lord to show us a little mercy. Between the house and our insurance woes i'm near the end of my rope.

Back to Dr. Uma- We asked her about our shots- Flu and H1N1 are both recommended. She wrote a note for me for my flu shot, which I'll be receiving from GE on November 5. Don't know anything about availability of the Swine. Then she spoke to me about my recent back pains. Pretty much I'm in pain from the moment my feet hit the floor unless I'm lying down or sitting with my back against something. I had to call out of work yesterday because it had gotten so bad. She asked me about where the pain was, and was shocked to hear how far UP my back it was. She poked around and ruled out kidney infection by my not punching her in the face. She told me I'd need to take ANOTHER urine test to check for kidney stones. If that were to come up negative, I would be sent for physical therapy. Luckily, the urine test was clean, so physical therapy it is. I called and they were able to get me in for tomorrow morning, luckily. I have today & tomorrow off work, so it will be a relief to get some answers before I work again.

Lastly, we asked her about our insurance issue and what she would think about delivering our little guy in 2009. She saw that I would be at 37 weeks, but still 20 days early would give her some worry. I am measuring right at where I'm supposed to be, so we're not "ahead" of schedule. She wanted to talk to Dr. Duval- who did my ultrasound- and is also a perinatologist. She says he could just say "yes" or he may want to see me again. I would more than likely have to have an amniocentisis a couple days before the induction to check for lung maturity. Usually the baby's lungs are fully mature at 37 weeks, but there's a 1-2% chance that they would not be. Amnio isn't an appealing aspect to me, but from what I've read so far, it's WAY safer at 37 weeks then it is at 20 weeks or sooner when checking for abnormalities. So right now we're just waiting to hear from Dr. Duval. We'll see...

On a final note. I've gained 10 lbs since my last appointment on September 21st. Good grief. This puts me right around 23 lbs with 10-13 weeks to go! AHH!! Dr. Uma told me I needed to cut down on candy, juice and replace carbs with proteins. She obviously doesn't know my cravings! I'm going to try to be good. Lots more water and lots less candy! We'll see. Hopefully when I have my next appointment in 2 weeks things will look a little better. I'm just hoping my weight was the Glucola talking.

Today is the last day of my 2nd Trimester~ Unbelievable! Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting my blog! your sweet words keep me going!