Tuesday, December 14, 2010

here we come a-wassailing

one of the funest (not-a-word) things about marrying into another family is blending in their christmas traditions with yours, and one of my favorite things from my husband's family- wassail at christmas time, or as the family likes to call it (and i believe this phrase was coined by my bnl)- phw (piping hot wass)- i hope you enjoy it!
wassail

64 oz. apple cider
20 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice
1 cinnamon stick
1/4 t. nutmeg
3 T lemon juice
1 t. lemon zest
1/4 c. honey

put the cider and cinnamon stick in a pot and bring to a boil, then simmer, covered for 5 minutes
add the remaining ingredients and continue to simmer for at least 5 more minutes
optional:  you can also add orange zest and float sliced oranges on top!  so pretty

this is so easy- go make it, now!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting my blog! your sweet words keep me going!