Tuesday, August 11, 2009

whirlwind weekend

My parents and brother were in Chicago over the last 6 days. Of course, i'm very sad that they're gone, but was glad to have them here and show them around. It was a good Chicago experience. I think we did the best of the best!

Thursday: Arrival- Picked up pizza from Lou Malnatti's (restaurant too crowded), checked them into hotel, ate pizza at hotel, left for the evening to give them some rest. At home I went through 1 of the 2 garbage bags full of maternity clothes that were sent to me! Bed.

Friday: I was so excited, I woke up at 6:30 am, they however didn't arrive until 11:30. Picked up my first (2!) checks from work, picked up Dave and went to lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. Had the hottest, messiest wings ever. Dropped Dave back off at work. Went shopping at Woodfield, checked out the Motherhood Store and A Pea in a Pod, probably won't be buying anything at Pea although they have this gorgeous shirt that I want. Ate a delish mall pretzel and had a frozen cherry lemonade. Drove around the Streets of Woodfield. Headed back to the hotel to wait for Dave. Met David & Debbie & John & Sally at The Assemby for dinner. Went back to hotel to decide on plans for next day. Home and bed.

Saturday: Woke up early, drove to Wrigleyville, found free parking. Walked to Wrigley, took pictures around the entire perimeter. Tours were sold out. While walking around, we found out there was a free game going on at Wrigley. Got into stadium for free. Mom & I sat while the guys walked around. Watched the high school home run derby. Left Wrigley, had lunch at The Cubby Bear. Drove to Graceland Cemetery. Drove around Graceland Cemetery. Mom & I were dropped off at Union Station. Bought train tickets, took the train back to Bartlett. Boys went to US Cellular to watch the White Sox game. Mom & I took dogs out once back in Bartlett then headed to hotel. Cleaned up. Headed to Pasta Mia for a delicious dinner. Chocolate Italian Ice. Went to Target to pick up some things. Headed back to hotel to wait on boys. Listened to boys talk about trip to US Cellular. Decided on plans for Sunday. Home and bed.

Sunday: Woke up, waited on family. Decided to go to Arlington Park. Got to Arlington, and was very confused. Missed first horse race. Walked around indoors for a while. Found seats for 2nd race, and finally getting the hang of things! Placed bets on 3rd race. Sandwich for lunch. Almost won $400+ in the trifecta had I not switched "place" and "show." Didn't win anything in 4th race, but picked the correct winner. Didn't win 5th race either. Derek cashes out with $4.20. Headed back to Bartlett, dinner at Dogfather's. Chicago Hotdogs! Picked up desserts at Oberweiss. Drove to Temple on 59 and drove around amazed at it. Headed back to Dave's parents house with desserts. Spent time with Grace. Ate dessert. Decided we'd go putt-putt. Lost horribly to Dave & Derek, but I got the only hole in one! Decided on plans for Monday. Home and bed.

Monday: Woke up early. Drove to Bartlett train station. Caught train into city. Walked to Sears (Willis) tower. Made it through security. Cut line because our tickets were at Will Call! Watched movie on tower. Took elevator up to 103rd floor. Viewed the city from all angles. Actually talked myself into standing out on the new SkyDeck. Never looked down. Left tower, starving. Walked back to Union. Caught #124 bus to Navy Pier. Headed into shops for lunch. I decided on Taqueria. Got a chorizo burrito, probably not a good decision. Ate and then walked entire length of pier. Baby makes me so tired. Mom & I walked back the length of the pier indoors! Dave & Derek decided to walk to Buckingham Fountain. We took the water taxi to museums. Best decision ever! Walked to Field Museum- Free Target Second Monday's! Viewed the Ancient Americas exhibit. Dave & Derek finally showed up. Boys walked to Soldier Field, Mom & I chilled in Museum lobby. Caught water taxi again- first to Navy Pier. Transfered at Navy Pier to go to Union. Caught train back to Bartlett. Took dogs out at home. Drove to Japan 77. Thought we'd never eat- so crowded. Extra chef called into work. Finally dinner! Annoying drunk guys sitting at next table. Annoying drunk guys leave. One gets on motorcycle and drives off w\o a helmet. Stuffed full of Japan food. Back to home. Hug family goodbye. Family leaves. I cry. Bed.

Tuesday-Saturday. Work. Not excited at all. Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting my blog! your sweet words keep me going!