Friday, September 18, 2009

Of course I need new _______, I'm pregnant...

I don't need an excuse to shop, and pregnancy hasn't been any different. Although I have promised my husband I wouldn't buy anymore underwear or bras, and that I wouldn't buy any shoes b\c it's likely my feet would swell (I must have been drugged when I agreed to this)- I never agreed not to buy anything else. Although I must admit- I have been a lucky pregnant woman b\c I received 2 garbage bags stuffed to the brim with maternity clothes- and stylish maternity clothes at that. Liz Lange, Ann Taylor Loft, Duo, Oh, Baby!, and some of my favorites- Gap. Between that treasure trove, a few very picky selections made at Goodwill and some purchases of my own- I'm finishing up summer, and ready to roll right into winter (i can't wait to wear the sweaters that she sent). All I need is a few cute winter dresses, and more than likely a coat- which is sad because I own 7 winter coats, but it does give me an excuse to get the coat I don't have- a grey coat! I think I'm going to have to renege on my promise not to buy shoes though- I just don't think heels are going to work for me in the end of my pregnancy, so of course I need flat boots. Yes, I did just say I don't want to wear heels, but I love the peep toe booties- I first saw a pair I wanted last fall at Forever 21, and I should've snatched them up, because I can't find anything that looks similar to them that is Forever 21-affordable.

Along with coloring my hair, I also bought new makeup and I've been very excited about that. When I was selling mk, I loved the day/night solution and tinted moisturizer, but I have used up my reserves, and I'm done w\ selling mk. Unless I can find another consultant who will give me a consultants discount, I'm done w\ it! So I've been venturing out into the makeup world for a first time in a loooong time. I'm happy to say that I finally broke down and bought a primer, and some new foundation, and so far, I'm impressed. I think I finally have that pregnancy "glow" that everyone talks about! My husband should really just take away any forms of credit or debit cards, cash & checks. Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    You have a nice blog. A 40-week pregnancy is really just a blip in our whole life time, but the problem with clothing during that time is very painful. Keeping this in mind, two best friends and mother of two children each started http://www.bellybundles.com. We have high quality maternity clothes there and we would like to hear your feedback on our products.

    Thanks,
    Carina - Maternity clothing

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting my blog! your sweet words keep me going!