Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Week 21- Baby Boy Carrot


How your baby's growing: Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.

from BabyCenter

Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. He now measures 7 inches long and can weigh up to 10 ounces. In the coming weeks, your baby will continue to grow and mature at a fast rate. The hair on his scalp is more visible and by week 21 he has probably developed eyelashes and eyebrows! He is waking and sleeping in regular intervals, which you might be able to tell from his movements. He is also swallowing amniotic fluid to help his digestive system mature for life in the "outside world". His intestines also start slowly relaxing and contracting this week. Notice any small, repetitive movements in your abdomen? Those might be his first case of the hiccups! Usually, these movements occur for a few minutes at a time. As your baby grows larger, these movements will feel stronger. And remember, all babies are different, some hiccup multiple times a day, and others, only once in awhile.

from PlanningFamily


We are actually a little farther behind than this I'm thinking. At my appointment I was measuring at about 19 weeks which could be the reason I had yet to feel any movements. I did however feel my first "kicks" on Wednesday or Thursday, but any movements since have been sporatic. I'm still having some cravings, but any adversions are pretty much gone. Still craving the same stuff- foods with tomato-based sauces- pizza, pasta, etc. I told Dave I should've known I was having a boy with all the pizza I had been eating, and with all I had been eating in general!

Last week was a very emotional week for me. We had our anniversary Tuesday and we found out the sex on Wednesday. The rest of the week didn't go very well for me. I was very emotional and spent a lot of time crying. I told Dave I felt we didn't have anything left to look forward to - no trips planned, no more baby milestones (until birth, of course), no big holidays. The weekend came though, and my horomones seemed to even out- all seems back to normal for now. Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting my blog! your sweet words keep me going!