Wednesday, August 25, 2010

call me the shredder


well, not quite, but that's the husband's new nickname for me. yesterday i started jillian michael's 30 day shred.  a girl from my new mom's group mentioned that she had bought the dvd, and was going to start it- so i figured i'd start it too (i had the dvd pre-baby) that way we could keep each other accountable.  we started on monday, so it's day 3.  i really hope i keep it up until day 30.  i need this.  

 

i need this because my self-esteem has taken quite a few hits lately...

#1 - i decide to use the wii fit for the first time since I was pregnant- over a year ago.  i was still in the early stages of my pregnancy then, so i had only gained a few pounds- but wasn't to point that i'm back at now.  so i step on the board and the wii tells me i gained 8.8 lbs, makes my mii fat and tells me that i failed at my weight loss goal (the one i set before i knew i was pregnant).  if only the wii knew i had gained 45 total lbs and lost all but 10...

#2 - i downloaded a new app on my phone that tracks your weight.  you put in a goal, and then you put in your current weight with your height.  i put in all this information, press enter, and the app replies, "you are   fat."  nice.  i guess it could be worse- just playing around, i put my weight down as 200 lbs and it said, "you will die."


so i need to lose 10 lbs to get back to pre-baby weight, but everything i read says that i was still 20 lbs overweight then (wtf?!)  regardless, i'm about to get serious!

so i figure, what better way to motivate than to humiliate...

so, here i am on day 2 of the 30 day shred

from the front.

and from the side - still looking preggers.  boo.

update in 27 days...
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Oh trade me!! I want your before picture.. I want your before picture to be my After picture! :) I love jillian... when I jog on my treadmill, I invision her yelling at me :) usually helps. I would cry if my app said that to me :( although, I cry when oprah has a show about new jeans that "lift" your butt,
    Hey on your phone look up in market "diet & Food" app, its awesome!! I couldnt love it more :) well.. maybe if when you logged on, it gave me a compliment, they should add that part.. good luck! I hope the 30 days goes fast! cant wait to read about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!! I have that video and can't wait to start back up once this baby is born and I get my own body back. I think you look great now, but I completely understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!!! I hope u reach ur goal weight but wanted to let u know u r not fat,u look great and i'm not telling this just to make u feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go you! I totally need to get in shape too so I can't wait to hear what you think about the DVD. I find it hard to stick with a DVD past 2 weeks. Can't wait for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the encouragement guys! hopefully i'll stick with it

    casey- i'll be looking up that app- any app that doesn't call me fat is a friend.

    kelley- i know! once you've been wearing maternity pants for over 5 months- you'll give anything to get out of them asap!

    athika- thanks! how is your time in india?!

    cath- luckily the dvd has 3 levels of workouts, so i'm hoping that bumping myself up to the next level every 10 days will make it easier for me to stick with it

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting my blog! your sweet words keep me going!