Monday, July 13, 2009

cravings and adversions

everyone talks about food cravings and pregnancy. pickles and ice cream and what have you.

ice cream is the most commonly craved food by pregnant women- but i have wanted nothing to do with it. in fact, if you know me well, you would know that my food motto could very well be "eat dessert first." not these days. sweets haven't really been something i desire. no nightly chocolate fix, no grabbing a candy bar of sorts at the grocery store. if we go to starbucks, sure i'll take something, but lately dessert just hasn't been on the menu for me- it's sad, and refreshing. the closest "dessert" type thing i've wanted has been a peach smoothie from panera. i'm still waiting for one...

another thing i'm not interested in these days... meat. i hope that's healthy. i will occasionally eat a can of tuna, i will eat salmon when it's made here, i made myself shrimp & grits for dinner last week, and I will never say no to a burger from steak & shake, but that's about it. I don't know what it is, but there is something about meat, when cooked where I can see or smell it, that just makes me ill! ground beef is about the only thing that sounds appealing, but i don't want to be anywhere near it while it cooks. my father in law eats very healthy, and makes a lot of dishes with lean meat in them- and I have either turned them down, or eaten very little of them!

as far as cravings go, i kind of want what i see other people eating, or hear about other people eating. it started when Turk & JD were eating Reese's Puffs Cereal on Scrubs- then i had to have some. then my friend Tiffany told me how she craved anything with tomato sauce- that's been about all i've wanted to eat since then (and that was 4 or 5 weeks ago)! then Jess told me about having shrimp & grits at a restaurant for their anniversary, and bbq for hubby Jay's bday. the weirdest things though have had to be the frozen fried foods- jalapeno poppers, mozzarella sticks and spinach/artichoke dip. i've made many a meal out of those lately as bad as that seems.

cravings and adversions are supposed to be wearing down now that the first trimester is over. we will see...

exciting things up ahead:

currently: my sister-in-law is @ the dr. as I type having an ultrasound to determine the sex of my soon to be niece or nephew!

upcoming: orientation for work starts tomorrow at 10AM. Haven't worked since i've been up here, or since i've known I was pregnant. very nervous... Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting my blog! your sweet words keep me going!