Saturday, March 6, 2010

week 6

wearing my sweet sweater suit


full of smiles

playing with my cousin, jason

and cousin, christian

meeting great-grandma priscilla for the first time!


Ian just turned 6 weeks old this week! I can't believe it's been 6 weeks already!! So here's what happened from week 5-6!


Ian discovered his hands this week, he keeps putting them in his mouth. We kept smelling this really weird smell that wasn't coming from his diaper- turns out it was Ian's hands- because he keeps putting them in his mouth- they smell like sour milk. Yuck.


I also learned a really awesome trick for getting Ian to nap. i started implementing it on monday, and it works like a charm- he's napping really well now. thanks to Chronicles of a Babywise Mom


Last weekend we took the 4 hour drive to ft. wayne, indiana- where dave's gma and most of his cousins live. so ian got to meet a lot of his family. we also had some newborn photos made- Dave's cousin and his wife have a photography business. he did really really well!


i had my post-partum appointment this week- it went really well. not as bad as i was expecting. i'm healed, and i'm back on the pill. boo, but it's better than being pregnant again so soon!! although Dave & figured out with our insurance debacle (see past posts if you don't know about that disaster) that if i had another baby THIS year, it would be FREE! i still have to go back again in may for my yearly exam, so i dodged that bullet for now. if i haven't said this before- i love my ob. maybe too much. she is pretty much the coolest chick ever, and i want her to be my friend. maybe i'm just lonely for friends up here, but if i were to ever hang out with her, it would be awesome. and possibly awkward.

so many exciting things have happened this week that i have lots to write about for next week! can't wait to share them all!!

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Love the sweater suit, so awesome!

    I too love my OB, she's on Facebook and I want to "friend" her, but then she'll just think I'm weird I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could just eat him up! He is growing so fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sweater suit is ADORABLE! and so is it's inhabitant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys! i've been waiting to get him in that sweater suit for quite a while, and i've finally fattened him up enough!

    twig birdhouse- my ob is on facebook too, well she used to be. i would look her up all the time. i'm secretly paranoid that she discovered this and removed herself from facebook..

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting my blog! your sweet words keep me going!