Sunday, May 9, 2010

happy mother's day!!

mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. ~author unknown

i hate to say this, but i never realized how important mother's day was until i became a mother myself. i know i'll vow to be a better child from this mother's day forward.  my first mother's day weekend was more wonderful than i could have imagined. it started off on friday when i left work and returned home to some beautiful flowers from my son and husband.  we made a delicious dinner that evening of taco salad with homemade guacamole!  mmmm.



saturday was pretty chilled out.  we had breakfast at home, then i was able to get a long-awaited haircut.  afterward, we headed to church for mother's day service, where ian was a perfect angel.  when we left church we headed out for awesome thai food, where ian slept all through dinner to the soothing sounds of the dulcimer.  it was pretty darn awesome.

sunday when i woke up, there was breakfast in front of me!  while we were getting ready my own mother called to wish me a happy 1st mother's day, and throughout the day i got many sweet texts.  we had lunch over at my mother & father-in-laws house, and then dave & i headed out to see the dairy queen blizzardmobile!  mmm, free blizzards.




we got back to husband's parents house and ian was ready to see his mommy and give her her gifts.  i got some pretty awesome things including Jamie's Food Revolution: Rediscover How to Cook Simple, Delicious, Affordable Meals.  i can't wait to try it out!



 here's ian giving me my mother's day card (and secretly signing "i love you" at the same time).


of course everyone knows i already had the best mother's day gift of all!  and that's something i can celebrate year round!


even though this was my first mother's day, it wasn't just about me.  i'm so glad to have an amazing mother, and mother-in-law.  plus my amazing grandmothers- one on earth, one in heaven, and husband's amazing grandmother's.  i was also lucky to have an amazing great-grandmother in my life for 12 years.  plus i have many friends who are beautiful moms, and many of them also celebrating their first mother's day as well!  happy mom's day to all the mother's out there!  whether it's your first or seventieth! 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting my blog! your sweet words keep me going!